Duplex Document & ID Scanner
Part # DP488
Retail Price: $269.95
Pentium III or Equivalent Processor
Windows 7 certified, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000. Digitally signed driver.
128 MB RAM (512 RAM for XP and Vista)
200 MB hard disk
CD ROM Drive
The sturdy DocketPORT 488 handles any of your scanning tasks with ease. Dependable and versatile, the duplex DocketPORT 488 processes media from business cards and photos to legal-sized documents. It even quickly deals with media made out of laminated and embossed materials, letting you scan more types of media.
The DocketPORT 488 has an ultra compact footprint and is USB powered so it fits into most any work environment. You can start scanning right away with the included DocketScan II software, an easy to use imaging program that lets you scan items like receipts into PDF, JPEG, or TIFF format. It also lets you scan multiple pages into a single PDF file. The DocketPORT 488 comes standard with a limited one year warranty.
Ultra compact footprint – Takes up far less space than comparable flat bed and ADF scanners; perfect for both portable and desktop users
USB power and convenience – No external power adapter required and no
“warm-up” wait time to scan
Superior media handling – Easily scans both sides of laminated cards like IDs, driver’s licenses and insurance cards, plus credit cards with raised characters in one pass
Professional grade quality – Sturdy and dependable for environments requiring frequent scanning such as hospitals, banks and law offices
Auto crop and Deskew function – Enhanced TWAIN driver allows you to automatically crop and deskew your scans
AutoContinue – Included software lets you set the scanner so it doesn’t prompt you to continue after the first scan. This means you can continuously feed media, saving time.
High-resolution scanning – Scan documents at 600dpi for crisp, clear results
Includes DocketSCAN II – Powerful imaging software with a Scan-to-PDF utility
1-year limited warranty – Extended warranties available
• Scan Modes – Internal 48-bit analog-to-digital conversion for R, G, B three-color channels.
• Scan Speed – 10 ppm (pages per minute) B&W; 4 ppm Color at 200dpi*
• Scan Area – Maximum 8.5" x 14" (legal page)
• Media Types Supported – Driver's License, ID Card, Photo, Receipt, Embossed Card, Plain Paper
• Media Thickness – 0.1mm to 1.2mm
• Interface – USB 2.0 (High-speed)
• Optical Resolution – 600 x 1200 dpi
• Dimensions (LxWxH) – 12.25" x 2.0" x 2.65" (311 x 51 x 67mm)
• Weight – 21.0 oz (590g) without cable
• TWAIN and WIA compliant
• Image Sensor – CMOS CIS (Contact Image Sensor)
• Paper Sensor – Mechanical Sensor
• Cable Length – 59 inches (150 cm)
• Power Consumption – 0.01W Suspend; 0.2W Stand by; 2.0W during scan
• Regulatory Requirement – CE, FCC-class B
• Environmental Requirement – RoHS, WEEE
• Ambir Part Number – DP488
• Synnex Part Number – 2774409
• Ingram Micro Part Number – DM9978
*Scan speed will vary based on alternate settings and type of material being scanned
Bundled software application(s) and/or version numbers of software applications are subject to change without notice